Download 2011 Contract
EDGE ATHLETICS SPORTS EDUCATION PROGRAM
4 Ledge Way, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603
STUDENT-ATHLETE AND PARENT CONTRACT
Following selection to an Edge Athletics’ team, all student-athletes and their parents/guardians are required to read and sign the following contract. You will be allowed to continue in the Edge program only after we have received your signed contract. Signatures indicate your understanding and acceptance of all of the program rules and guidelines contained below. The Edge staff will keep copies of the signed contracts on file for the 2013 season. Please feel free to make a copy for your records.
EDGE ATHLETICS PROMISES THE FOLLOWING:
Your Edge team will be led by a high school coach (modified, freshmen, Junior varsity or varsity), assistant high school coach, or a current or former college level player.
Your team will have a minimum of twenty practices and twenty games (including six tournaments).
Practices will be run in an organized, disciplined environment with the overall goals being individual and team skill development.
Your team’s practice schedule will be posted in advance on www.edgeathletics.com. You are reminded to check the site at least once daily and always before leaving for practice to see if any scheduling changes were deemed necessary (ie. due to weather, school functions, emergencies, etc.)
Your team’s tournament game schedule will be posted on the web site as soon as we have received it. Please be aware that we often do not receive tournament schedules until a few days before the tournament begins. We do not have control over how other tournaments are run.
Upon completion of the 2010 Edge season, your son will receive an evaluation from his Edge coach.
PARENTS OF EDGE ATHLETICS STUDENT-ATHLETES PROMISE:
- Full payment for tuition ($450) and uniform ($65) due upon notification that your son has been selected. Payment must be received prior to the first practice to reserve a spot on the team.
- That your behavior at all Edge events (practices and games) will be positive. This includes all interactions with your son, his teammates, coaches, referees, tournament officials, and opposing players, coaches, and fans.
- That you will entrust the Edge coaching staff to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. You will not attempt to coach your son during practices or games.
- That you understand the following three topics are not up for discussion with the Edge staff at any point during the season, (1) playing time, (2) game strategy, and (3) critiquing other Edge players.
EDGE ATHLETICS STUDENT-ATHLETES PROMISE:
- To understand the commitment required if you are selected to the Edge program. Barring illness, injury, medical emergencies, or family vacations/events, you are required to be at all Edge practices and games. Missing an Edge practice or game because of your participation in another athletic event is NOT an acceptable reason to miss an Edge event. Attendance will be kept by all Edge coaches. Unexcused absences or tardiness will be dealt with at the sole discretion of the Edge staff.
- To understand that, if selected, you are working to become a better basketball player who might be recognized for your performance on the court. You are NOT participating in a fashion show. In games, you will wear your Edge uniform and only your Edge Uniform (This means headbands, wristbands, jewelry, etc, will not be permitted). Your socks will be of the same color and worn at the same height. Shorts will be worn at the waste line. Tee-shirts of any kind are NOT to be worn under your uniform. Appropriate gear is expected to be worn at all practices.
- To understand that you are required to interact with all Edge members (i.e. players, staff, administrators, parents, etc.) with the same level of respect you expect should be given to you. This also applies to all opponents and referees. Trash talking with opponents and arguing with referees is unacceptable and will be handled immediately by your coach.
- To understand that you are NOT guaranteed a certain amount of playing time. Playing time will be determined by your coach. Factors which will impact your playing time include: talent, work ethic, attitude, attendance, and performance. Additional factors may also apply.
I have read, understand, and will comply with all of the above.
Student-athlete signature Date
Parent/Guardian signature Date