To celebrate it’s 10th year anniversary, Edge Athletics announced its first ever college scholarship in 2006. In 2009, the scholarship was named after Dr. Roger Yerry who passed away that year. It was renamed again in 2012 to the “Tom Emma Memorial Scholarship.” However, the intent remained the same and that is to provide the opportunity for athletes in Dutchess County to receive scholarship money to help offset their first year of college expenses. Both Dr. Yerry and Tom Emma were individuals that had a significant impact on peoples lives.
1. Boys basketball player who has participated in the Edge basketball program for a minimum of 2 years (including the prior season) OR, Boys basketball player who has attended a high school within section 1 or section 9.
2. Must have graduated or be graduating from high School during the current school year.
3. Must be registered to attend a fully accredited 2- or 4-year school in the Fall.
4. Candidates should exhibit the following characteristics:
* Upstanding character
* Outstanding effort and dedication
* Excellent sportsmanship
* Great attitude
1. High School coach must nominate the player.
2. Although there is no application for this scholarship, the nominating coach must explain how the nominee meets the criteria outlined above.
3. Recipients must agree to allow their name to be used in association with publicity and advertising for this scholarship.
2013: Jack Kolosky (Our Lady of Lourdes, Lemoyne College)
2012: Tyler Dhalin (Millbrook HS, Hartwick College)
2010: Jevin McClendon (Our Lady of Lourdes, Utica College)
2009: Luke Horvath (Spackenkill HS, University of Notredame)
2009: Mike Khan (Millbrook HS, Western New England College)
2008: Joseph Zenz (Our Lady of Lourdes HS, Ithaca College)
2007: Andrew Luckie (Arlington HS, Iona College)
2007: James Patterson (Poughkeepsie HS, Utica College)
2006: Matt Covucci (Our Lady of Lourdes HS, Union College)
2006: Mikal Hurry (Poughkeepsie HS, SUNY New Paltz),
2006: Trevor Johnson (Poughkeepsie HS, SUNY New Paltz)