SMS & E-mail Messaging
Edge Athletics has implemented a new alert messaging system for important announcements. Now, you can sign up with either your cell phone number or your e-mail address (or both) and be alerted to any important announcements that are posted to the website.
Please be aware that any important announcement that is posted to the website will be sent to either your phone (as a text message) or your e-mail address. This means that you may receive alerts from time to time that do not pertain to your team.
Signing up is easy.
- From the Edge Athletics home page find the SMS Alert signup box on the right hand side.
- Enter you name first.
- To enter your cellphone to receive alerts via text messages, enter your cellphone number first.
- Next, select the carrier that you use.
- Please note that standard text message rates will apply. This is not a premium text message service. If you have a text message plan these messages are likely covered in that plan. However, please check with your carrier if you are unsure.
- You may also enter your e-mail address to receive alerts via e-mail as well.
- At this point in time, we can only manually unsubscribe you from this service once you have signed up. If you wish to stop this service at any time, please contact us with your cellphone number and/or e-mail address you wish to unsubscribe.
The Edge Athletics AAU schedule is now available in a variety of common, open source calendaring feeds. There are two different feed formats available. They are the .ics format (iCal) and the .xml format (Google Calendar). Now, you can subscribe to these feeds and add the calendar to your favorite calendar application. These include Apple iCal, Google Calendar, Mozilla Lightning or Sunbird, your favorite RSS reader, most web browsers, or even Microsoft Outlook.
It is very simple and easy to setup the calendar feeds. Follow the basic directions below:
- Right click on the iCal icon and select “Copy Link”.
- Open up Apple iCal and select Calendar -> Subscribe from the menu.
- Hit Edit -> Paste to paste the copied address into the Calendar URL field.
- Hit the Subscribe button.
- An info pane will appear giving you options to customize the look of the feed. Remember to change auto-refresh to an option appropriate for you (we suggest every 5 minutes).
- That teams calendar will now appear under your “subscriptions” calendar group. Any time an event is added for that team, it will automatically show up in your calendar!
- Right click on the Google Calendar icon and select “Copy Link”.
- Go to your Google Calendar website and under “Other Calendars” on the left side, select Add -> Add by URL.
- Hit Edit -> Paste to paste the copied address into the field and hit the “Add” button.
- Google will automatically subscribe to and add the calendar under the “Other Calendars” section of you Google Calendar.
Your Preferred Web Browser
- Simply clicking the orange feed button will automatically load the feed in your favorite browser window.
- Each browser treats the action differently. For example, in Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox will list all events, with the most recent events first. You can also subscribe to the feed by saving it as a bookmark.