Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer counselor at Edge Athletics Summer Basketball Programs held at The Poughkeepsie Day School. Please fill out the application and send it back to email@example.com. CLICK HERE to download the application.
Our volunteer program has become very popular amongst local high school students looking to work with young athletes. It also gives former program attendees the opportunity to become part of our staff. Our program offers qualified individuals the opportunity to take on new challenges and responsibilities and enhance the development for leadership, decision making, and responsibility while creating lifelong friendships and memories.
Volunteer Counselor Benefits:
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Work with Senior Counselors to help problem solve on the courts
- Become a role model for young athletes
- Build self-confidence and gain valuable experience
- Help create a fun basketball environment and be a part of the “success” of Edge!
Volunteer Counselor Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age AND entering the 11th grade
- Applicants must have a genuine interest in teaching basketball and youth development.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude.